I’M READY TO SCHEDULE A SESSION. WHAT’S MY NEXT STEP?
I would love to hear from you! Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or click on the CONTACT link above to get started.
HOW MUCH DO YOU CHARGE?
My commission fee is $225 and covers the cost of my time and talent for your session. This fee must be paid in order to secure a date on my calendar and does not include any images or products. Since each individual has a unique idea of how they would like to display their art, I keep things simple by offering a la carte prints and products. On average, clients invest $1600. Please contact me if you'd like to talk more specifically about your needs.
WHERE DO SESSIONS TAKE PLACE?
Sessions can take place in your home or at an outdoor location of our choosing.
WHAT DO YOU SUGGEST FOR CLOTHING?
Clothing is a personal thing…it reflects your style and personality, which is something I definitely want to highlight during our session. We can talk more about specifics, but here are a few recommendations:
· Natural colors are the most complimentary to skin tones.
· Stay away from overly bright colors, distracting patterns and logos.
· Keep in mind, our eyes are attracted to brighter areas of the image. White pants with a darker top aren't always the greatest idea...keep tones similar.
· Textures and layers are a great way to add interest and dimension to your images. This is easier during the winter months when we have a bunch of cozy outfits to mix and match along with a scarf and hat to boot. But it can be modified for the warmer months as well. It also gives you the ability to get multiple looks from one outfit. So go ahead! Pile it on!
· For families, it’s great to choose complimentary colors so everyone matches, but I advise against identical outfits. When everyone is dressed the same, the color pattern dominates the image and takes away from the very thing we want to see…all those beautiful faces! It's also a good idea to keep all clothing in the same tone and dress attire. And don't forget about those feet! If you plan to dress up, make sure your shoes go with the rest of the outfit.
· For boudoir, a lot depends on your level of comfort and what types of images you wish to achieve. Although a simple bra and panty combo can be all you need, there are a ton of items to get your sexy on ;) Think bustiers, corsets, trench coats, robes, silky button up shirts, thigh high boots, strappy heels, garter belts, fishnets, necklaces, earrings...just to spark a few ideas. Whatever makes you feel sexy, bring it! I suggest at least three outfits to give variety to your session.
Pinterest is also a great tool for fashion inspiration. Use keywords such as Family Photo Session What to Wear, Couple Photo Session What to Wear, or Boudoir Clothing Ideas. Create your own board and start pinning away!
HOW DO I ORDER MY IMAGES?
We will schedule an ordering session to take place within 2 - 3 weeks of your portraits being taken. During this session, you will have the opportunity to view your proofs and place your order. It's helpful to have an idea of sizes and types of products you would be interested in displaying so I can best guide you through the process.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO RECEIVE MY PRINTED IMAGES?
Orders are typically ready within 1 – 4 weeks from your ordering session. Some products, such as albums, take longer to produce while a mounted image will be ready more quickly. Keep in mind, due to the custom nature of photography, all orders are final and payment must be received in full before submitting for print.
WHAT IS YOUR CANCELLATION POLICY?
Life can be crazy and sometimes we need to rearrange our plans. My initial commission fee of $225 is non-refundable, although rescheduling is permitted with at least 72 hours notice. Photography is my main source of income and it’s important that I am booked. Cancellations without notice mean that I have a hole in my schedule where I could have had the opportunity to work with a paying client. Hopefully that makes sense and we can all respect each other’s time :)